Hawaii Theatre President/CEO.
Hawaii Theatre is seeking candidates for President/CEO. Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic and proven leader with a passion for historic theatres, theatre education and the arts, who can foster success in a competitive environment. The ideal Hawaii Theatre candidate will build strong community partnerships and will help lead Hawaii Theatre forward to new levels of financial success.
The CEO’s primary responsibility is to ensure Hawaii Theatre’s success and future growth, including the advancement of our mission and vision and the daily action of living and promoting our values.
Essential duties include:
- Leading the development and execution of Hawaii Theatre’s strategy and the accomplishment of short-term and long-term goals. In partnership with the board, the CEO creates a unified operating plan that supports Hawaii Theatre’s strategic priorities and sets the direction for the staff and organization as a whole.
- Building an inspired culture within the staff, management, and Board that promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Sets the standard for delivering on the brand promise through personal conduct, leading by example and a focus on team building and staff development.
- To cultivate and execute an overall fundraising strategy. Engaging the Board in fundraising strategy and donor cultivation, and articulating to the Board and community how fundraising supports Hawaii Theatre’s broader vision. Build relationships with major donors and philanthropic institutions and makes large fundraising asks on behalf of Hawaii Theatre.
- Developing and monitoring strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of Hawaii Theatre. Prudently manages Hawaii Theatre’s resources in accordance with our responsibility to our community, patrons, and donors. Sets financial priorities to ensure Hawaii Theatre is operating in a manner that supports our mission.
- Serving as an important spokesperson and representative of Hawaii Theatre, assuring that Hawaii Theatre and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image. Initiates, develops and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies. Acts as an advocate for Hawaii Theatre within the public and private sectors for issues relevant and valuable to the organization.
- Inspirational leadership and team building skills. S/he will share Hawaii Theatre’s mission, vision and values.
- Seasoned, mature and poised executive with previous CEO experience strongly preferred. Alternately, 10+ years of overall professional experience and five years minimum in an executive leadership position required.
- Significant history of leading a complex and multi-faceted organization positioned within a highly competitive marketplace.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing fundraiser, spokesperson, and relationship builder.
- Ability to understand and manage financial issues, including corporate real estate portfolio.
- Success working with and assisting in the development of a highly functioning and engaged board.
- Strong commitment to diversity, both in staff and audience development.
- Proven coalition-building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of emotional intelligence and social acumen to successfully represent Hawaii Theatre to vendors, donors and general public.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Keen analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Ability to nurture and develop staff to their fullest and recruit and retain top talent.
This position is a full-time position with benefits. If you’re interested in applying, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
The Hawaii Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse organization therefore strongly encouraging women and minorities to apply.