Corona Virus Update
We are taking steps to inform our audience that all HTC performances are being evaluated on a case by case basis. As a private non-profit Historic Theatre venue, the decision for a show to go on as scheduled, or if the show will be postponed to a later date, is often times at the discretion of the show promoter, artist or presenting organization.
The safety and security of our audiences and employees is HTC’s highest priority, and in rescheduling certain performances, we are following the lead of our city, state, and federal elected officials as well as the recommendations of the Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
*** MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR SELECT PERFORMANCES WHILE INSIDE OF THE THEATRE; SEE INDIVIDUAL EVENT DETAILS FOR MORE INFORMATION ***
We are monitoring the landscape regularly, and do hope at some point we will be in a position where the testing and or vaccination requirements may be lifted. However, for theatrical venues, we believe it is better to err on the side of caution and provide our patrons, staff and talent with a venue that is safely operated at time when there is still uncertainty on the public health effects of relaxing community health guidelines for pubic venues.
The HTC Box Office will be taking a “Brief Intermission” and WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR WALK-UP BUSINESS, as we ensure that our staff are safely observing the state’s recommended COVID-19 practices. Fortunately, we have the technological ability to continue our Office operations remotely.
We have the following performance schedule updates for you :
2022 RESCHEDULED PERFORMANCES:
- HAWAII SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA Shows are in the process of being evaluated.
- I AM EVIDENCE – The Producer has requested the show be RESCHEDULED for later in 2022 (Date TBD).
- ‘IOLANI SPRING ORCHESTRA & ALOHA BAND – This show has been CANCELLED FOR 2020.
- JOAN OSBORNE & CRACKER – The Artists have requested the show be RESCHEDULED for October 1st, 2022.
- JOHN BAYLESS – The Artist has requested the show be RESCHEDULED for later in 2022 (Date TBD).
- JOINT MILITARY CONCERT – This performance will be rescheduled to a future date (TBD).
- MISS HAWAII PAGEANT – This event has been CANCELLED
- NAPOLEON DYNAMITE – This show has been rescheduled to September 16, 2022.
Neil Simon’s The Sunshine Boys
FINALLY TONIGHT… Three strikes and you’re out. I’m sad to announce Neil Simon’s comedy, The Sunshine Boys scheduled for next month at Hawaii Theatre is out. For the third year in a row we have to postpone the show till next year due to the threat and fear of COVID. With 8 consecutive weeks of steady increases in the number of COVID cases in Hawaii, and the health department saying the numbers will continue rising for an unknown time before they come down, Pat Sajak and I felt, in the interest of public safety we had no choice but to postpone the run of this show intended to benefit Hawaii Theatre. The health department advising people to avoid large gatherings left us no options for staging the show this year. If you purchased tickets for one of next month’s performances, we would ask that you consider holding onto them for next year’s performance or accepting a Hawaii Theatre Gift Card to enjoy another show in the mean time. It’s been a tough period for the non-profit venue, and your support now is more important than ever.
– Joe Moore and Pat Sajak.
– This performance has been RESCHEDULED for June, 2023, subject to the performers’ availability.
- PUNCHBOWL MUSIC FESTIVAL – The State of Hawaii DOE has CANCELLED this event.
- PIFF THE MAGIC DRAGON – This performance is in the process of being RESCHEDULED for later in 2022.
- TOM SEGURA – WORLD TOUR – The Artist has requested the show be RESCHEDULED for December 31st, 2022.
- VAV GRAND AMERICA TOUR – This performance has been cancelled by the promoter.
Pending notification by the City and County of Honolulu, patrons are advised that shows scheduled for the remainder of the calendar year 2022 may be rescheduled on short notice.
If you have tickets for any of the rescheduled performances, you will be issued tickets for the performance’s new date. At your convenience, you may take the following actions by logging onto your HTC Member Central account, http://bit.ly/HTC_Member_Central , or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we will have staff working remotely who are available to call you back and answer your questions.
Because most tickets sold through our box office are non-refundable at the request of the artist or the producer, we will email your tickets for the new date when a date is set each of the affected performances. Tickets won’t be sent out until the new date is set, so please be patient with us as we work through the backlog of tickets we need to issue. All patrons who purchase a Hawaii Theatre Presents Show will be offered the full value of their tickets as an exchange toward the purchase of a Hawaii Theatre Center Gift Card or for another show of their choice.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this uncertain time. Please remember that the small businesses and non-profits in our community rely on your patronage and support. Support we are all incredibly grateful for.
Updated September 8, 2022